- This event has passed.
Sustaining public sector transformation beyond crisis
Nov 18, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:15 pm UTC+1
*** Alert: The latest details for this session and other Government After Shock Global Forum (18 November) sessions are available on the OECD Virtual Events Platform. On this platform, you can view the full agenda, register to attend, build your own personal agenda, and network with other participants. See (https://oecd-events.org/government-after-shock). ***
PANEL DISCUSSION: Sustaining public sector transformation beyond crisis
How not to waste a crisis? Given the terrible costs of the crisis, this is the question many citizens, organisations and governments are asking. The responses to the pandemic have shown that the public sector can move with incredible speed and shift processes overnight. How can public servants leverage this tragic opportunity for transformation even when the immediacy of the crisis recedes?
- Juhani Damski, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of the Environment, Finland
- Robert Watt, Secretary General of the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform,
- Marta Arsovska Tomovska, Director of Team for Public Administration Reform at the Office of the Prime Minister, Serbia
- Teresa Gerton, President and CEO of the US National Academy of Public Administration (NAPA), United States
- Moderator: Amanda Clarke, Associate Professor, Carleton School of Public Policy and Administration, Canada
View the full agenda and register now for the high-level forum.