Strength of Places: Subtle Revolutions – Rotterdam Cases
The event will address the following topics:
- recovery of public spaces, post-pandemic
- the neighbourhood public spaces and citizen-government collaboration formats “after shock”
- the role and the agenda for the local government in recovering the trust in public space in innovative forms of collaboration
This online panel will showcase several successful stories about resilience and civic cooperation from Rotterdam neighbourhoods, with insights from those on the ground on how they cooperate, develop, maintain and innovate many features of public space.
After a short introduction of what is the revolutionary new “Rotterdam approach” to collaborative governance, the panel will shift to the Bospolder neighbourhood, featuring several experts and stakeholders with their hands-on attitude and diverse background: urban planners, community leaders, municipal managers and policy makers. These experts will provide their views and “best practice” lesson on the 3 major questions:
- What do we want to leave behind in managing our neighbourhoods, now post-Covid?
- What was / is positive of this pandemic?
- What and how we should do things differently in the future?
Registration opens 18 October 2020.
Event organisation, curation and hosting: Blok 74 Urban Simulations / Urban Communications, Rotterdam, with panellists from: Veldacademie, City of Rotterdam and local Rotterdam civic organisations.